Practice phonics skills with this fun twist on the classic game of Go Fish!
The rules are the same as for regular Go Fish:
• 3-5 players
• Pass out cards so each person has 7 cards. Put the rest of the cards in a pile in the middle.
• Players find any pairs they have in their deck and put them down in front of them. Students must read their pairs out loud before the game begins.
• Players take turns asking each other if they have different cards from their decks.
• If the other player has the card asked for, the same player takes another turn.
• If the other player does not have the card asked for, he/she says “Go Fish”, and the player picks a card from the pile (if there are any cards left), and the next person takes his/her turn.
• The game ends when all of the pairs have been found.. The player with the most pairs wins!
This game is lined up with Scott Foresman's Reading Street Unit 1, Week 1 spelling list (short vowels), and includes a few extra words as well.
**Make sure you print 2 copies of the cards!