Looking for skills-based phonics activities that are fun and engaging? Looking to save time and energy in your planning? Then you need this Phonics Homework and Activities Bundle. This huge resource includes phonics activities for the entire year! You receive 100 weeks of phonics activities that are designed to review and reinforce key phonics skills and concepts. With 100 weeks of activities, you have enough to fill your lesson plans, center activities, and homework!
These NO PREP activities will save you time while knowing your students are getting the needed practice and reinforcement to master phonics skills. Everything You Need, Ready to Print, and Use Today!
Phonics Homework & Activities Bundle for the Entire Year includes:
- 10 sets of activities with 10 weeks in each set = 100 weeks of phonics activities
- Sequential sets that build on each other and follow a traditional phonics scope and sequence
- Use them in order to guide instruction or pick and choose what you need
- Variety makes it easy to differentiate for your students
- Includes 1, 2 and 3 syllable words to help you meet the needs of your students
- Also provides practice with high frequency words
- Includes worksheets, activities and games
- Includes a homework cover sheet and instructions for parents
- Includes tracking sheets
Phonics Activities work on the following skills:
- Phoneme manipulation
Use it for reading, phonics, spelling, and literacy intervention.
This resource is great for:
- Independent practice in class
- Small group work
- A quick quiz or for informal assessment
- Part of a literacy station
- Review and remediation
- Morning Work
- Early Finishers
Cover Key Phonics Skills, Keep It Fun
This bundle of phonics activities covers the following concepts:
- CVC words
- Double consonants (ff, ll, ss, zz), VCC, CVCC & CCVC words
- CCVCC, CCCVC & CVCCC words
- Digraphs: sh, ck, ck
- Digraphs: th, wh, ng, qu
- Suffixes: ed & ing
- Sounds: k, l, ch, ae, ee
- Sounds: oe, er, e
- Sounds: ow, m/oo/n, ie
- Sounds: b/oo/k, u, s
- Sounds: l, or, air
- Sounds: ue, oy, ar
The mix of simple to complex words and focus on phonics / reading skills instead of grade level makes differentiating for student abilities a snap.
To keep your students engaged, each pack includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Draw and match
- Find the words
- Missing sounds
- Say and trace
- Jumbled sentences
- Roll and read game
- Tap it, map it, zap it
- Fluency board
- Write your own sentences
- Word of the week
- Missing punctuation
- Reading & spelling 2/3 syllable words
- Synonyms and antonyms for words
See what teachers are saying about this Phonics Homework and Activities Bundle:
- “This is actually the most amazing resource EVER! Not only is it super easy for me to just print of the home activities for the week, but the sequence is perfectly matched to the literacy intervention program we use and the kids LOVE the activities. I recommend this for anyone who wants to save themselves hours of prep time. Thank you so much for creating and sharing!!” —Erin
- “Thank you! This is so awesome!!! How did we ever teach without the internet? I'm amazed at the great worksheets I've found here! They're simply on point, easy to use and time saving! Thank you for the amazing work you're doing!" —Christine
- “Saved!! I have three grades this year (F-2), with an expectation of homework being sent home. This resource is amazing! The activities are engaging, the grids are perfect and the best bit is, I can just grab out the right level to suit the grade. Backs up my SoundsWrite program perfectly and allows them to practise at home. Absolutely worth every cent!” —Yarni
- “What an amazing resource. Such a timesaver. The perfect companion to my weekly sessions.” —Tanya
- “WOW. This product is incredibly comprehensive and SO useful in so many ways. I will be using for independent practice, with parent volunteers, for additional homework ... can't wait!” —Cordelia
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What grade is this designed for?
A. Fun Phonics Homework to Last the Year is appropriate for Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, and Homeschool for equivalent grades. The information is organized by skills, not grade to help you address differing abilities within your class.
Q. What is the progression of skills? Does the bundle cover ____?
A. The preview file includes tables that show the progression of skills from simple to more complex sounds/spellings along with the specific skills covered in each week. You can use the packs in order or pick and choose based on your weekly lessons and students’ abilities.
Q. Do students need any other materials to complete the homework?
A. In most cases, just a pencil. A few games require simple objects, such as dice and counters (any small objects, such as coins) could be used.
Q. Will it really last the whole year?
A. Yes! The bundle includes 10 sets of weekly homework packs. Each set contains 10 weeks worth of activities for a total of 100 weeks worth of activities.
Q. What’s included for each week?
A. Each weekly homework pack includes 6 worksheets and games as well as a cover sheet that provides explicit instructions for parents on completing each activity and a tracking system for students to tick off the days they practice. In addition, there are teacher checklists to keep track of which homework packs students have completed.
More Fun Phonics Games and Activities:
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.