This printable reinforces the concept of homophones. Homophones are words which sound alike but have different meanings and usually different spellings. Students will read sentence cards then will determine which homophone goes with the sentence. Under the line, students are given two choices of homophones. They will then find the homophone on the witch's hat.
--26 sentence cards
--26 witch's hats
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Can be used for assessment purposes.
* Can be used in small group or at a math center.
* Can be used in whole group as in circle time.
* Use only the witch’s hats and match up the two/three homophones.
* White out the homophones on the cards and the child will have to figure out which one works in the sentence using the hats.
* Use only the cards and a dry erase marker to circle the right word on the cards. Be sure to laminate first.
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse.
You've earned an urn full of thanks!!
Creations by Mrs Mouse