Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
HOW CAN THEY READ IF THEY CANNOT DECODE?
We all know that it is important to read with or to children. WHY NOT READ STORIES THAT WILL HELP THEM REMEMBER ALL THOSE PHONIC RULES. The rules are woven within the Letter People Folklore. The student then has a silly way to remember why the letters make the sounds they make. Kids love silly and remember silly!
This packet is Book Set 2 of the PHONICS INTERVENTION PROGRAM.
Save by buying the full program.
PHONICS INTERVENTION PROGRAM – LETTER PEOPLE FOLKLORE
more than 200 pages at only $19.95 which includes:
• ten booklet sets (may be purchased separately) with:
• book 11 - Vowel Review Booklet,
• book 12 - Consonant Review Booklet,
• consonant fence: each picket represents the rules for one of the consonants,
• mini-posters flash cards: 56 (front and back) phonics rules flash cards,
• bonus booklet - Syllabification: breaking words into syllables.
Learning the Vowel Sounds the fun and easy way
Letter People Folklore - Vowel Sound Brothers and Silentee-Ending Sisters
• an eight page booklet: a short story from the “letter people folklore”,
• five fun foldables: CvC and CVCe slides (See above - third frame.)
• bookmarks: short and long vowel sounds and consonant-vowel patterns,
• reading helpers: a guide grouping the words using the phonemic rules.
Any mentor (parents, older siblings or students, etc.) can be a more confident and effective guide.
The teacher or mentor may read the stories to the student(s) with the student(s) reading the sample words.
The student(s) and mentor could share the reading.
The mentor might guide as the student(s) reads the story.
Vowel-Sound Brothers and the Silentee Sisters is a story from the "letter people folklore" telling how the consonant-vowel-consonant and the consonant-vowel-consonant-silent rules came to be.
GREAT FOR STRUGGLING READERS
GREAT FOR ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE STUDENTS
GREAT FOR ENCOURAGING RELUCTANT PARENTS TO GET INVOLVED
TpT Store: Learning the fun and easy way
created and shared by Peggy Willingham