HOW CAN THEY READ IF THEY CANNOT DECODE?
We all know that it is important to read with or to children. WHY NOT READ STORIES THAT WILL HELP THEM REMEMBER ALL THOSE PHONIC RULES. The rules are woven within the Letter People Folklore. The student then has a silly way to remember why the letters make the sounds they make. Kids love silly and remember silly!
This packet is Book Set 6 of the PHONICS INTERVENTION PROGRAM.
Save by buying the full program.
PHONICS INTERVENTION PROGRAM – LETTER PEOPLE FOLKLORE
more than 200 pages at only $19.95 which includes:
• ten booklet sets (may be purchased separately) with:
• book 11 - Vowel Review Booklet,
• book 12 - Consonant Review Booklet,
• consonant fence: each picket represents the rules for one of the consonants,
• mini-posters flash cards: 56 (front and back) phonics rules flash cards,
• bonus booklet - Syllabification: breaking words into syllables.
Learning the Consonant Sounds the fun and easy way
Letter People Folklore - Book Set 6 - Cousins and Vowel-Consonant
• an eight page booklet: a short story from the “letter people folklore”,
• a foldable for the sounds and a foldable for the sounds,
• a long double poster – two per sheet (front and back).
• reading helpers: a guide grouping the words using the phonemic rules.
Any mentor (parents, older siblings or students, etc.) can be a more confident and effective guide.
The teacher or mentor may read the stories to the student(s) with the student(s) reading the sample words.
The student(s) and mentor could share the reading.
The mentor might guide as the student(s) reads the story.
Cousins and Vowel-Consonant is a story from the “letter people folk lore” telling about and and how they helped their cousins, the long Vowel-Sound brothers. The story gives fun and easy ways to remember the rules.
The Letter People Folklore stories are good for all readers, but
GREAT FOR STRUGGLING READERS
GREAT FOR ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE STUDENTS
GREAT FOR ENCOURAGING RELUCTANT PARENTS TO GET INVOLVED
FREE BOOKLET from Phonics Intervention: Letter People Folklore
TpT Store: Learning the fun and easy way
created and shared by Peggy Willingham