Phonics Intervention Lessons: Aligned to the Science of Reading
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Are your students struggling to decode essential vowel and consonant patterns? These phonics intervention lesson plans are what you have been searching for! This bundle contains 8 sets of phonics intervention lessons with over 200 lessons that are rooted in the science of reading andwill explicitly teach and reinforce how to decode words with short vowels, blends, double consonants, digraphs, magic e, diphthongs, r-controlled vowels, and vowel teams.
Each phonics intervention set has plans that are organized by individual sounds and then a mixed review. Each intervention lesson provides students with opportunities to read words in isolation, in context, and write words with short vowels, blends, double consonants, digraphs, magic e, diphthongs, r-controlled vowels, and vowel teams.
Each lesson is aligned with the Science of Reading and contains:
❶ letter sound review
❸ decodable/phonetically regular word reading
❺ reading in context (link to free text included)
The best part? All the planning is done for you and the materials are included! You can provide your students with explicit instruction in a systematic and sequential framework without spending hours planning and preparing on your own. The only prep required for each lesson is to print and cut student flashcards.
All the materials you need are included!
❶ Step-by-Step Intervention Teaching Guide
❷ Over 200 Intervention Lessons
- 46 Short Vowel Intervention Lessons | a e i o u
- 37 Beginning and Ending Blend Intervention Lessons
- 21 Digraph Intervention Lessons | ch th sh qu
- 21 Double Consonant Intervention Lessons | ff ll ss ck
- 41 Magic E Intervention Lessons | a-e ee i-e o-e u-e
- 27 Diphthong Intervention Lessons | oo aw oi ou
- 17 R-Controlled Intervention Lessons | ar er or
- 19 Vowel Team Intervention Lessons | ai ay ow oa
- sound boards for chaining
❹ 3 Types of Sounds Cards
- with power bars
- articulation cues
- visual cues
- vowel sounds
- phonetically regular/decodable word flashcards
❻Google Slides: premade lesson format
❼ Alternate binder covers and dividers
❽ Premade Print and Go Options
This Bundle Includes:
Why Intervention Lessons?
- Intervention lessons provide explicit phonics instruction
- Lessons follow a systematic and sequential framework that reinforces letter-sound relationships
- Students have an opportunity to practice decoding skills and build fluency in controlled text patterns
How long will these lessons last? In a 25-minute reading group, I can typically get through half a lesson so it takes about two days to complete a full lesson. You can adjust the lesson pacing in order to best meet the needs of your students.
Free sample in preview . . . Be sure to download the product preview and grab your free sample of a phonics intervention mixed review lesson! You will also get an in-depth overview of the resource and a step-by-step guide to teaching these intervention lessons.
These lessons can be used for:
- Reading Groups
- Summer School
Compatible with Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA)
- Kindergarten Skills, Unit 5 Ox and Man
- Kindergarten Skills, Unit 6 Kit
- Kindergarten Skills, Unit 7 Seth
- Kindergarten Skills, Unit 9 Zack and Ann
- 1st Grade Skills, Unit 2 Gran
- 1st Grade Skills, Unit 3 Fables
- 1st Grade Skills, Unit 4 Green Fern Zoo
- 1st Grade Skills, Unit 7 Kay and Martez
Please note: These lesson plans do not come with passages for students to read. Links are provided to appropriate free decodable text.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Roylyn said, “I am so happy that I found this resource! I was looking for something to use in my small groups that had a consistent routine to teach and practice phonics skills. This is exactly what I needed! I love that it is low prep and my students know exactly what we will be doing each time we meet for groups. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sparkles and Students said, “This is an excellent resource to follow to ensure you are thoroughly covering explicit phonics instruction in your classroom. Thanks so much!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Melissa B said, “As a first-year reading teacher phonics scared me a lot. This was able to help me feel more structure and routine about what phonics should look like during learning. It was a very easy-to-use resource, I highly recommend it!!!”
You may also like…
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Reading in Room 11
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.