A set of 30 activities, games, and printables designed to compliment, enhance, and liven up your phonics instruction
The activities in this packet focus on phonics skills that are introduced in lessons 1-39 of the 2nd grade Saxon phonics program but can be used with any phonics curriculum. It is appropriate for 1st and 2nd grades.
The skills covered in this packet are:
1. long and short vowels
2. Spelling with c or k
3. /th/digraph, /sh/digraph, /ch/ digraph, /ck/ digraph
4. R-controlled vowels (er, ir, ur, ar, or)
5. oo digraph
6. ee digraph
7. Final /k/ sound with ck or k
It includes but is not limited to:
1. Long/short vowels sorts (activities, games, cut/paste, printables)
2. ““Cookies and Milk” word sort (spelling with c or k)
3. Digraphs sh, th, ch, ck cut/pastes, activities, printables, and games
4. Combination er, ir, ur, ar, or picture/word match, printables, games, word sorts
5. “Sneaky E Detectives” Sentence fill-in-the-blank card match, picture/word card match, and sentence practice
6. Digraph picture/word match-up (oo), “Delicious Digraphs” oo cut/paste, and sentence practice
7. Digraph ee picture/word card match, word search, word family activity, and sentence practice.
8. “Froggy Fun” final /k/ spelling with ck or k and Final /k/ cut and paste.