Also included in
- These Phonics Fluency Flashcards were made for distance learning with small groups of students in a live teaching platform (such as Zoom or Google Meets). There are 14 lessons (in 14 separate slide decks), each with 15 words and one short passage. The fluency lessons review CVC, CCVC, and R-Control$30.00$46.00Save $16.00
These Vowel Teams Phonics Fluency Flashcards were made for distance learning with small groups of students in a live teaching platform (such as Zoom or Google Meets). There are 30 lessons (in 30 separate slide decks), each with 12 words. The lessons are highly repetitive and build upon one another, helping your students to refine their decoding skills.
Follow the this procedure with students:
- Modeling: you sound and blend each word and students repeat after you. For example if the word is sash, you would say, “s-a-sh….sash”. Do this for each word. Students should be pointing at the letters/sounds as they sound the word and then sliding their finger under the word as they blend it.
- Students then read each word independently, as you provide corrective feedback as needed.
- Optional: Have students write the words.
Tips for using in a virtual lesson:
- If using Google Meets, use a split screen so that you can see your students and the slides. Do this by opening your slides in a separate browser (not a new tab) and then minimizing the screen and sizing it as desired. In the other browser, open your Google Meeting and size that window as desired.
- Have students take turns for step 2, each one reading a few words or a row. If using Zoom, you can mute/unmute students as they each take turns and/or unmute all for choral reading.
Other sets in this digital flashcard series:
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org