This phonics packet is full of fun printables that will help your students build phonemic awareness and phonics skills! The packet includes a variety of activities including unscrambling words, cut and paste activities, spelling words, marking answers with bingo daubers, crayons or markers, and more! It requires NO PREP and is Common Core aligned! The printables can be used for independent work, literacy centers, morning work and homework!
The skills included are:
• Syllables (4 pages)
• Rhyming Words (4 pages)
• Beginning Sounds (4 pages)
• Ending Sounds (4 pages)
• Middle Sounds (2 pages)
• CVC Words (10 pages)
• Blends (6 pages)
• Digraphs – Beginning and Ending - Sh, Ch and Th (5 pages)
• Long Vowels (4 pages)
The activities included are:
• Syllable Count! - Count the number of syllables in words.
• Syllable Sort! – Sort pictures by cutting and pasting them under the number that shows their syllable count.
• Do They Rhyme? - Identify whether two words rhyme.
• Rhyme Time! – Identify rhyming words.
• Find a Rhyme! – Match words that rhyme by cutting and pasting pictures together.
• What’s the Beginning Sound? – Identify beginning sounds.
• What’s the Ending Sound? – Identify ending sounds.
• What’s the Middle Sound? – Write the middle sound in CVC words.
• Word Scramble! – Unscramble CVC words.
• Spell the CVC words!
• Change a Letter, Make a New Word! – Spell words by changing one letter.
• CVC Words – Read, Find & Write! – Read a word, find the picture that goes along with it and write the word on the line next to it.
• Read and Match! – Cut and paste CVC words next to their matching pictures.
• Write & Read! – Spell CVC words, write them in sentences and read the sentences.
• What’s the Beginning Blend? – Identify beginning blends.
• Blends – Find the Match! – Cut and Paste – Match pictures to beginning blends.
• Words with Blends – Read, Find & Write! - Read a word, find the picture that goes along with it and write the word on the line next to it.
• Write & Read - Spell words with blends, write them in sentences and read the sentences.
• What’s the Beginning Digraph? – Sh, Ch, Th – Identify beginning digraphs.
• What’s the Ending Digraph? – Sh, Ch, Th – Identify ending digraphs.
• Digraph Match! – Cut and Paste – Match pictures to digraphs.
• Spell the Words! – Spell words containing digraphs (sh, ch, th).
• Read and Match! – Cut and paste words with digraphs next to their matching pictures.
• What’s the Long Vowel Sound? – Identify long vowel sounds.
• CVCe Words – Read, Find & Write! – Read CVCe words, find the picture that goes along with it and write the word on the line next to it.
• Long Vowels – Read and Match! – Cut and paste words with long vowels next to their matching pictures.
For additional literacy packets, check out the following:
• Alphabet and Letter Sounds
• Letters A-Z
• Christmas Short Vowels
• Christmas Activities: Directed Drawing (Writing Option Included)
• Phonics: Spelling
• Draw and Write
• Writing Center – Writing All My Favorites
• Reading Comprehension Level 1
• Reading Comprehension Level 2
• Kindergarten Literacy MEGA-BUNDLE!
- contains 9 of my individual literacy packets (including this one) at a DISCOUNTED PRICE!!
Thanks for checking out this packet!
My Study Buddy
This packet includes:
43 activity pages/ 46 total pages