Phonics Long Vowel Team Words Word Ladders and Word Chains
Also included in
- Do you teach phonemic awareness and phonics? Do you follow the science of reading? These phonics word ladders (or word chains) are critical for your teaching reading toolbox!Phonemic and phonics are vital to teaching reading to the science of reading. These word ladder worksheets will help your studPrice $6.40Original Price $11.00Save $4.60
Do you teach phonemic awareness and phonics? Do you follow the science of reading? These Long Vowel Team word ladders (or word chains) are critical for your teaching reading toolbox!
Phonemic and phonics are vital to teaching reading to the science of reading. These word ladder worksheets will help your students connect phonemic awareness TO phonics through word ladders (also knows as word chains).
★★★ This resource is now available in a majorly DISCOUNTED Phonics Word Ladders GROWING BUNDLE! ★★★
In these 22 Long Vowel Team Word Ladder Worksheets, students:
- Look and identify the picture. (answer key/clip art key provided)
- Use the cut out letter cards (provided on the bottom of the worksheet) to build the word.
- Write the word. Then go down the "ladder" to the next picture.
- Repeat the process until students get to the "bottom of the ladder". One sound (phoneme) will change in each picture. Students slide down the letters that stay the same, and change the sound/letter that does not.
- The sound placement (beginning, middle, end) changes throughout each page, so students practice manipulating sounds in ALL parts of the word.
Note: The letter cards are not meant to be glued down onto the page. Letters are meant to be "slid down" the ladder as sounds remain the same (and switched out where the sounds change)!
There are 22 pages of mixed Long Vowel Team practice.
No, all Long Vowel Team sounds are mixed throughout the packet.
Note: The pages with an asterisk (*) contain beginning blends AND digraphs.
Yes, there is an answer key for every page.
★ Please see the preview for more detailed information and sneak peeks! ★
1 ► Leave me a ❓“question” in my TpT store OR
2 ► Email me Lauren@aTeachableTeacher.com
► Click HERE to follow my store and be notified when new resources are posted.
► Click HERE to join The Teachable Teachers!