Reading Foundation with Phonics
are comprehensive resources filled with detailed activities focusing on specific phonic skills. Routine practice and immersion in the skill over a period is proven to help promote concept retention as well as improved application. Each unit is designed for a week + concentrated phonic skill practice and engagement.
The Reading Foundation with Phonics
practice activities are designed for whole group, small group and independent work in mind. It allows for differentiation, practice for both your struggling learners and high-flyers.
The activities in Reading Foundation with Phonics
work well as word work, independent practice, partner work, guided reading and homework! The provided Teacher’s Guide walks you through each activity, however you can easily use each component in the manner that suits your teaching style and your students’ needs best.
With a balanced literacy approach, students work to achieve concept mastery and build important schema connections that aid and improve literacy development. I've designed this unit to work with our adopted curriculum, Houghton-Mifflin Wonders Reading. It follows the same pacing. However, it is a stand alone program and does not need to be used in conjunction with Wonders.
Each unit is filled with over a dozen engaging and effective activities and ideas for phonic mastery.
READING FOUNDATION WITH PHONICS - Long e with EE, EA, and IE - INCLUDES:
✓ Comprehensive Teacher Guide
– Provides lessons and ideas for each component.
✓ Unit Poster/Anchor Chart
– Quick visual with catchy “chant” to assist in building schema connections.
✓ Word Cards
– perfect for teacher and student use. Great during guided reading, independent word work for matching games and for partner games.
✓ Picture Cards
– perfect for teacher and student use. Great during guided reading, independent word work for matching games and for partner games. These coupled with the word cards are great introduction tools.
✓ Letter Cards
– Can be used in an assortment of ways. A perfect tool during guided reading and Build-a-Word lessons.
✓ Build A Word Lesson
– Detailed “script” for guided or whole group activities.
✓ Interactive Informational Text
– Information text providing phonic rule, sight word, vocabulary word, text evidence, text features and complete sentence practice. Includes gorgeous and engaging real-life images that kids love!
✓ Fabulous Phonics Fill-Ins
– Kiddos love showing off their schema. These fill in activities are great for independent work, collaborative work or as an assessment.
✓ Sensational Sentences Activities
– Incorporating phonic rules across curriculum is important. Students build their phonetic understanding while engaging in other language skills. This is also a perfect opportunity to add in other language skills being discussed like compound sentences, vivid verbs or descriptive adjectives!
✓ Sensational Sentences Task Cards
– Take sentence writing into independent word work with these wipe off, colorful task cards!
✓ Interactive Reader
– Reproducible – This adorable interactive reader encourages kiddos to find the phonic rule of focus, use sight words and other decoding skills. This reader is great for whole group, small group, paired and independent work. It is also a fantastic take-home book for homework.
✓ Phonic Reader
– Full Color – Adding colorful phonic readers to your library helps ensure consistent practice. This colorful copy of the reader is a perfect addition to a reading center/library or word work tub.
✓ Fluency Read Assessment
– The fluency read provides one-to-one assessment opportunity on a short text that is phonic rule focused while incorporating sight words and other decodables. Use this assessment for grading, formulating lessons on student need, and sharing progress and areas that need improvement with parents.
✓ Dictation Sentences
– These sentences are great routine practice items. Whether you do one a day or a set of them, students will apply their knowledge of not only the phonic rule, but also sight words, punctuation, capitals, spacing, penmanship and grammar.
✓ Spelling Test Alternative
– Old school spelling tests miss the mark with CCSS. This spelling test alternative is an awesome way to assess the language skills necessary for success while collecting summative data regarding phonic and sight word mastery.
✓ Dictation Sentence Recoding Sheets
(variations) with scoring rubric – The rubrics provided on the dictation recording sheets ensure that student work is properly assessed and the teacher has the valuable information needed to properly addressed student need and lesson requirements.
⇡⇡PLEASE CHECKOUT THE PREVIEW FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION⇡⇡
⇨ This unit focuses on the long e phonic rules EE, EA and IE. See below for the other Reading Foundation with Phonics units.
***Save $$$ with the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED LONG VOWEL BUNDLE Volume 1!
DEEPLY DISCOUNTED LONG VOWEL BUNDLE Volume 2!
DEEPLY DISCOUNTED SHORT VOWEL BUNDLE
✨Click the green star by my store name to follow and receive updates, freebies and new resource notices!!
Questions? Contact me...
❤ Website ❤ FaceBook ❤ Pinterest ❤