CVC Curriculum (short vowels)
Phonics Made Fun Level B (Blends) Available HERE
What is Phonics Made Fun Level A Curriculum?
This phonics curriculum is designed to teach phonics in a hands-on, FUN, engaging, explicit, and systematic way. Level A curriculum works with short-vowel CVC words. Each vowel sound will be covered in a separate file, and a mixed review of all sounds will be included. The goal for this curriculum is to build strong, fluent, and confident readers through a variety of hands-on practice.
How are the Units Designed?
Each unit is composed of 4 parts: the pre-assessment, lessons, and the post-assessment. Each lesson introduces new skills while spiraling in previously taught topics.
- Part 1: Pre-assessment The unit pre-assessment gives an opportunity to assess prior knowledge. Use this assessment to guide your teaching throughout the unit.
- Part 2: Daily Easy-to-Follow Lessons
Each lesson is broken up into 5 easy-to-follow parts.
- Mini Lesson- Introduce phonics skill of the day.
- Activities- Activities that pair well with this lesson.
- Practice Pages(s)- Practice sheet(s) that pair well with this lesson.
- Small Group Intervention- Small group teacher table lessons to support students who need extra practice with phonics skill being taught.
- Extension- Extension activities to support students who are ready to continue beyond the phonics skill being taught.
- Part 3: Post-assessment The unit post-assessment gives an opportunity to measure what your students have learned. Use this assessment to guide your intervention, spiral review, and future teaching.
- Part 4: Extra pages This section provides extra pages for each skill. These are great for intervention, seat work, homework, or spiral review.
The Pre and Post-Assessments will test and measure the following areas:
- Reading CVC Words
- Identifying CVC Words
- Spelling CVC Words
- Applying CVC Words
What is included in the Bundle?
There are a total of 6 units included in this bundle.
- Short A Bundle
- Short E Bundle
- Short I Bundle
- Short O Bundle
- Short U Bundle
- Mixed Review of all Short Vowels
Short a Scope:
Lessons 1-3 Blending short a, e, i, o, and u Words
Lessons 4-6 Reading short a, e, i, o, and u Words
Lessons 7-9 Spelling Short a, e, i, o, and u Words
Lessons 10-12 Applying Short a, e, i, o, and u Knowledge
What activities/practice/games are included Phonics Made Fun Short A Packet?
- Segment Blend and Match
- CVC Read and Match
- Blending Cards for all short a words
- Find a Match word Practice
- CVC True or False Practice
- CVC Puzzles
- Read, Write, and Match
- Race to the Top CVC Reading Game
- Missing Sounds CVC Practice
- Spin and Stamp a CVC Word
- Spin and Write a CVC Word
- Word Builder Activity
- I Can Spell short vowel Words
- Scrambled up Words Activity
- Roll and Build a Word
- Find the Word
- CVC Stretch and Write
- CVC Words: Sound it Out
- CVC Color by the Code
- CVC Match it UP!
- CVC Sentences
- CVC Read and Cover
- Spin, Read, and Cross it Off!
- Write the Word
- Short A Story: Jan's Van
- Short A Story: What is in the Bag
- Short A Story: Sam Can Play
- Short A Story: Jam on the Man
- Short A Story: Cat and Rat
- Short a Reader: I Like the...
- Short a Reader: I See the...
- Short a Reader: He Wants a...
- Short a Reader: Here is my...
- Short a Reader: Can you find the..
- Short I Story: Kim's Big Rig
- Short I Story: What is in the Bin?
- Short I Story: Kit Hid
- Short I Story: Tim's Dip
- Short I Story: Help Zig Jig
- Short I Reader: I Like to...
- Short I Reader: I See a...
- Short I Reader: She Wants a...
- Short I Reader: Here is my...
- Short I Reader: Can you see the...
- CVC Bowling
- Phonics Tic-Tac-Toe
- Complete the Sentence
- CVC Letter Box Spelling
- Say it, Spell it, Cover it!
- Blending Word Strips
- CVC Spelling Mats
- CVC Gameboard
- Roll and Read
- Word Family Writing Pages
- CVC Boggle Mats
- Tic-Tac-Toe Spin and Write
- CVC Sentences
- 26 full page letter tiles to build CVC words as a whole class activity
*Black and White Version has been included!
Each unit included a separate black and white version.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to follow the Moffatt Girls on:
Visit my blog atThe Moffatt Girls Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Join my private group, The Moffatt Girls-Engage Group, to see how other teachers and homeschoolers are using and organizing Moffatt Girl Curriculum.