Level A available HERE
What is Phonics Made Fun Level B Curriculum?
This phonics curriculum is designed to teach phonics in a hands-on, FUN, engaging, explicit, and systematic way. Level B curriculum works with beginning blends, ending blends, and beginning and ending blends together. Each level will build on the previous level. The goal for this curriculum is to build strong, fluent, and confident readers through a variety of hands-on practice.
How are the Units Designed?
Each unit is composed of 4 parts: the pre-assessment, lessons, and the post-assessment. Each lesson introduces new skills while spiraling in previously taught topics.
- Part 1: Pre-assessment The unit pre-assessment gives an opportunity to assess prior knowledge. Use this assessment to guide your teaching throughout the unit.
- Part 2: Daily Easy-to-Follow Lessons
Each lesson is broken up into 5 easy-to-follow parts.
- Mini Lesson- Introduce phonics skill of the day.
- Activities- Activities that pair well with this lesson.
- Practice Pages(s)- Practice sheet(s) that pair well with this lesson.
- Small Group Intervention- Small group teacher table lessons to support students who need extra practice with phonics skill being taught.
- Extension- Extension activities to support students who are ready to continue beyond the phonics skill being taught.
- Part 3: Post-assessment The unit post-assessment gives an opportunity to measure what your students have learned. Use this assessment to guide your intervention, spiral review, and future teaching.
- Part 4: Extra pages This section provides extra pages for each skill. These are great for intervention, seat work, homework, or spiral review.
The Pre and Post-Assessments will test and measure the following areas:
- Reading Blends
- Identifying Blends
- Spelling Blends
What is included in the Bundle?
*There will be a total of 3 units included in this bundle:
- Beginning Blends
- Ending Blends
- Beginning and Ending Blends
Beginning Blends Scope:
Lessons 1-2 L Blends
Lessons 3-4 R Blends
Lessons 5-6 S Blends
Lessons 7 Identifying Beginning Blends
Lesson 8-9 Reading Beginning Blends
Lesson 10-11 Spelling Beginning Blends
Lesson 12 Reviewing Beginning Blends
Ending Blends Scope:
Lesson 1-2 Ending blends nt,nk,lf,ld, and ng
Lessons 3-4 Ending blends lk,nd,pt,sp,sk, and st
Lessons 5-6 Ending blends mp,lt,lb,lp, ft, and ct
Lesson 7 Identifying Ending Blends
Lesson 8-9 Reading Ending Blends
Lessons 10-11 Spelling Ending Blends
Lessons 12 Reviewing Ending Blends
Beginning and Ending Blends Scope
Lessons 1-3 Reading Beginning & Ending Blends
Lessons 4-6 Spelling Beginning & Ending Blends
Lesson 7 Reading Beginning & Ending Blends
What activities/practice/games are included Phonics Made Fun Level B?
- Listen and Find Sort
- Add a blend and Read
- Blend Mini Books
- Match and Read Blends
- Let's Sort Blends
- Posters for each Blend
- Roll and Cover a Blend
- Beginning and Ending Blend Match
- Beginning and Ending Blend Writing
- CCVC and CVCC Segment and Blend Cards
- CCVC and CVCC Picture Match
- Phonics Blends Tic-Tac-Toe
- Build a Beginning and Ending Blend
- I Can Spell CCVC and CVCC Words
- Write the List Word for Blend Words
- 15 Stories for Beginning Blends
- 8 Stories for Ending Blends
- 5 Stories for Beginning and Ending Blends
*Black and White Version has been included!
Each unit included a separate black and white version.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com
Be sure to follow the Moffatt Girls on:
Visit my blog atThe Moffatt Girls Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Join my private group, The Moffatt Girls-Engage Group, to see how other teachers and homeschoolers are using and organizing Moffatt Girl Curriculum.