Make phonics fun with this interactive resource! This pack includes 187 pages of phonics activities that will deepen your students' understanding of digraphs, blends, glued sounds, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, and sight word recognition. There is also a word wall game included that is one of my students' favorite things to do on Friday's to wind up our week of learning!
The following activities are included in this resource:
* Read It, Fix It, Write It! - This activity helps students read and write words as well
assists with editing skills.
* Be a Riddle Detective! - Students use the clues to figure out the answer to the
riddle. The answer is always a word that contains an r-controlled vowel.
* Spin and Write - This activity gets students involved with using a "spinner" to help
them complete the activity.
* Making Words - Students use letter cards (included with each making words
activity) to create words that the teacher dictates. The last word is a "mystery
word" that uses all of the letter cards. I like to give the kids little hints along the way
to allow them to figure out the mystery word on their own!
* "Be a Mind Reader" Word Wall Game - This game is so easy and literally involves
no prep! Instructions are included along with examples to help you get started with
the game. In my first grade classroom, I play this game almost every week with my
students. They love the challenge of the game. The game is designed to help
students read and write words on the word wall, while having lots of fun too!
Other resources you may enjoy:
Guided Reading For the Primary Grades
Character Education Student Journal and Discussion Cards
Mental Images - Poetry Pack
Reading Comprehension Passages
Informative Writing - Animal Report
Literacy Center Activities
End of the Year Activities - First Grade