Associate strongly between hearing and feeling (mouth, tongue, teeth, lips voice box, air expulsion).
• Draw ‘meaning links’ around sounds - to assist with storage and retrieval. (Quirky phrases!)
• Group sounds together according to a formation characteristic.
• Read the letter shapes for these sounds.
• Recall these sounds automatically (quickly and accurately).
• Discriminate between consonants and vowels.
• Segment words into sounds.
• Blend sounds to form words.
• Write letter shapes for the sounds.