If you've been looking for a way your students can practice phonics skills while reading independently, these passages are for you!
Let's face it, there are many students in upper grades who still need direct instruction and practice on key phonics skills. These passages allow for that practice all while practicing reading fluency and comprehension.
These passages will give your students a chance to identify phonics skills as they read and enjoy high-interest passages with custom illustrations from Malaya Bengel Art.
Included in EACH Phonics Set:
- 8-10 phonics passages for practicing that specific skill.
- 82 total phonics passages when the bundle is complete!
- A/B multiple-choice questioning.
- Open-ended evidence-based question.
- Challenge activity to find evidence in the text.
- Custom Illustrations from Malaya Bengel Art.
- Digital Google Classroom Option
- Professionally Leveled: Lexile, Fountas and Pinnell, Accelerated Reader, DRA, and Grade Level Equivalent levels all included!
EVERYTHING IS ON ONE PAGE!
Ideas for Use:
- As mentor texts during a whole group lesson on phonics.
- In a small guided reading group.
- In a grammar or word work center.
- As independent practice after a phonics lesson.
- As a homework review.
- Practice for taking standardized tests.
USE WITH PHONICS CURRICULUM
These passages can be used in correlation with the Phonics Curriculum!
Each passage includes beautiful custom artwork, created exclusively for Out of This World Literacy by Malaya Bengel Art.
SETS INCLUDED (Click Links):
- Consonant Blends
- Consonant Digraphs
- Consonant Patterns
- Letters and Sounds
- Long Vowels
- Phonics and Comprehension
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Short Vowels
- Silent Letters
Copyright © 2020 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find this resource inside the membership by CLICKING HERE
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE