I made this assessment packet to help my team assess our firsties where they are at the beginning of the school year as well as to assess them at the end of each quarter.
In this packet, I have included the following assessments to correlate with the Common Core Standards for first grade (RF1.2a, RF1.2b, RF1.2c, RF1.2d, & RF1.3a):
- short vowel/long vowel discrimination
- letter naming assessment
- letter sound assessment ?(includes blends & digraphs)
- pseudoword (nonsense word) assessment
- initial, medial, & final sound assessment
- sound separation assessment
These assessments are perfect to use as progress monitoring data or RtI data for phonics & phonemic awareness. It can also show you gaps in the students' decoding abilities. If you have any questions or comments, please email me and I will do my best to explain it (or fix anything you think needs to be fixed).
Thank you so much!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License