Teach students how to recognize common blends and digraphs and use them to decode unfamiliar words with these reproducible emergent readers and companion shape books. The activities in this resource will enhance students’ reading and writing skills by helping them:
• Learn to read new stories
• Master new vocabulary
• Practice and apply the common blends and digraphs emphasized
This set comes with the following items:
• Six 8-page printable emergent readers that each focus on a specific blend or digraph
• A list of words with blends or digraphs from each emergent reader to reinforce the learning of these phonetic skills
• Six shape-book covers and story pages to make student-made shape books that extend each emergent reader
• Suggestions for making and decorating the shape books
Look for the other bundles in our Fun Phonics Readers series!
Fun Phonics Readers: Initial Consonants
Fun Phonics Readers: Short Vowels
Fun Phonics Readers: Blends & Digraphs
These printables were written by former classroom teachers Rozanne Lanczak Williams and Sue Lewis.