Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.58 MB | 10 pages
This YellowBeeLearning smart notebook lesson is a teaching tool designed to cover all four aspects of a phonics lesson – Revise, Teach, Practise and Apply. It includes fun, interactive activities to make the lesson more interesting and engage the children in your class.
This lesson is for the tricky high frequency word, ‘was’, which in the UK Letters and Sounds programme is taught with Phase 3, Set 9.
The activities in this lesson are:
- – Tricky Word Reveal board – click on each square in the board to reveal a hidden tricky word for the children to read.
– Look-Cover-Write (no, go) - children read a word, the teacher hides it and the children write it on their Student Boards.
- Teach the tricky word was.
- Children write the word was in the air and then circle the correct spelling on their boards from a possible three options.
– Build a Word – children move the letters on the board to form the word was. Repeat until all the letters are used up.
– Find the Word – children erase 10 of the 15 scribbles on the board to reveal a word. They score 1 point each time they find was. Can be played in teams.
– Picture Match – children read the sentence to a partner and choose a matching picture on their Student Boards.
There is a student board to go with the lesson which can be printed onto paper for the children to complete with pencil during the activities (attaching it to a clipboard helps!) or it can be printed onto card and laminated or put in a wipe clean pocket for the children to complete with a dry-wipe marker.
The Teach section of the lesson has notes about how to introduce the word to the children, but this page can easily be altered to fit in with whichever phonics scheme you follow in your school.
There will be more lessons to follow in my TpT store shortly and a bundle available so that you can buy a pack with all smart notebook lessons and student boards for a week of teaching along with a plan for the week, detailing all the activities, and a matching homework sheet.
Thank you for viewing my product today - I hope you find it is what you are looking for,