This Yellow Bee Learning smart notebook lesson is a teaching tool designed to cover all four aspects of a phonics lesson – Revise, Teach, Practise and Apply. It includes fun, interactive activities to make the lesson more interesting and engage the children in your class.
This lesson is for the phoneme ‘ai’, which in the UK Letters and Sounds programme comes in Phase 3, Set 9.
The activities in this lesson are:
- Phoneme Reveal board – click on each square in the board to reveal a hidden phoneme for the children to read.
- Alphabet song with chart
– Teach the ai phoneme using the Jolly phonics story, action and song
- Teach writing the ai grapheme
– Hidden Pictures – children read the word then erase the scribble to see the matching picture (sail, rain, tail)
– Countdown – children try to read the words before the timer runs out. (wait, tail, sail, rain, rail, pain, main, hail, bait, aim)
– Picture Match – children read the sentence to a partner, count the ai phonemes and choose a matching picture.
There is a student board to go with the lesson which can be printed onto paper for the children to complete with pencil during the activities (attaching it to a clipboard helps!) or it can be printed onto card and laminated or put in a wipe clean pocket for the children to complete with a dry-wipe marker.
The Teach section of the lesson is designed to go with the Jolly Phonics teaching scheme and assumes you already have the resources that come with the scheme, but this page can easily be altered to fit in with whichever phonics scheme you follow in your school.
There will be more lessons to follow in my TpT store shortly and a bundle available so that you can buy a pack with all smart notebook lessons and student boards for a week of teaching along with a plan for the week, detailing all the activities, and a matching homework sheet.
Thank you for viewing my product today - I hope you find it is what you are looking for,