Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
8.3 MB | 266 pages
Phonics Strategies for Struggling 2nd Graders Part 3 Vvc, Vce & Diphthong Vowels
Phonics Strategies for Struggling 2nd Graders Part 3 equips students with phonics fundamentals, enabling them to become successful, independent readers of multisyllable words. Phonics Strategies is a mix of phonics concepts and educational fun. Short assignments review and reinforce phonics principles through a variety of applications including reading, listening, writing and hands-on activities. The 266 pages in Part 3 focus on:
Highlights of Part 3 include:
- 3 Homophone Matching Games – long-vowel words
-18 Phonics Poems – focusing on long vowels, diphthong vowels or beginning consonants blends in regular and comprehension formats
- 6 Long-Vowel Word Tile activities
- 6 Flip Books – 4 long vowel and 2 diphthong vowels
- 12 Magic Hand activities – Silent E discovery pages
- 42 Vvc and Diphthong-Vowel Word Family sheets
- 12 pages on common Prefixes and their meanings
- 12 pages on adding suffixes to words ending in Silent E
- 7 pages on pronouncing Hard/Soft C
- 6 worksheets on double consonants – practicing syllable division
Phonics Strategies for Struggling 2nd Graders Part 3 includes 18 pages of pretend words that allow students to practice less common consonant combinations (sw, ph, sk, tw, etc.) and common suffixes. Nonsense words force students to use decoding skills because no one can “guess” a word that does not exist.
Phonics Strategies can be used in the mainstream classroom, or as a method for tutoring/mentoring struggling readers. Each unit includes a Parent Letter for sending home pages for continued practice.
GUARANTEED TO IMPROVE DECODING SKILLS. Phonics Strategies for Struggling 2nd Graders is guaranteed to improve student’s ability to attack and decode unknown words. Backed by a full refund guarantee.