Streaming Video (not downloadable)
This set of 31 phonics videos will give your students a comprehensive understanding of everything from letters and sounds, to the "magic e," to some of the most complex spelling patterns in the English language. Please click on the preview to see short clips of "ABC Fun" and "That Magic E."
These songs were piloted with a group of 80 teachers and 1500 students in the year 1999 to ensure maximum effectiveness in the classroom--and I have been modifying them based on action research and responses from other teachers world-wide ever since! I recommend this set for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, English Language Learners, and Special Education children of all ages.
***Note that only the sample video can be found on the TpT video section of the site. Please see how to easily access each part of this COMPLETE set in the descriptions below...
1. 31 videos (Just click on the "Phonics Time Vimeo Links" file from the supporting document to stream AND download them from my private Vimeo site.) There is NO time limit on using the Vimeo site, and you OWN the videos you download, for use in your classroom only, indefinitely.
2. 31 matching mp3 songs (Included in the supporting document)
3. A 35-page student lyric book (included in the supporting document)
4. A 28-page teaching guide that includes 3 assessments, tons of information on phonics rules (and an explanation as to why I prefer to call them "patterns"), and dozens of ways to promote learning before, during, and after singing. (This is included in the supporting document.)
5. Phonics Time "Extras." Anytime I add small files to song downloads on TpT, I'll add them to this set. Right now, you'll get extra materials to accompany "ABC Fun," "That Magic E." and "A Contraction Has an Apostrophe." (All "extras" are included in the supporting document.)
6. One year of FREE access to my new website, where you'll be able to access videos along with quick tips, all from one page. This is an extra bonus, but you don't need it in order to view the videos or see teaching tips (see #1 & #4).
In order to access this site,
a. Please purchase the product and take note of your order number.
b. E-mail me at email@example.com with your order number.
c. In your e-mail, please agree to the following terms for the site: "I certify that I will only use each license purchased in one classroom or home. If other teachers or parents ask for a password, I will let them know that they are required to purchase a license." You can just write, "I agree to follow your site policy for Phonics Time," I'll send you an e-mail so that you can choose a password.
d. You will use your password to have a 1-year site license.
***Note that I encourage parents to buy site licenses as well.
The song titles on Phonics Time tell you exactly what you'll be teaching about:
1. If You Want to Be a Reader
2. ABC Fun
3. Letter Sounds
4. All Rhymes End With the Same Sound
5. Beginning and Ending Sounds
6. Build a Word
7. Break It Down
8. The Sentence Song
9. I Know Words: Short Vowel Sounds
10. I Know Words: Long Vowel Sounds
11. Short Vowels, Short Vowels, Short Vowels
12. Long Vowels, Long Vowels, Long Vowels
13. That Magic E
14. I Know Vowels
15. Vowels and Consonants
16. 2 Words in 1 Fun
17. Sounds of C
18. Sounds of G
19. Sound of Y
20. 2 Vowels Together
21. A Vowel Sound in Every Syllable
22. Beginning Blends
23. Ending Blends
24. Letter Tricks
25. Word Family Fun: Short Vowel Sounds
26. Word Family Fun: Long and Variant Vowel Sounds
27. Who, What, When, Where, Why
29. Compound Word Whiz
30. A Contraction Has an Apostrophe
31. Homework Time
If you already have some components or you're not ready to "dive in" to the complete (discounted) set, you may want to try...
If your students are not quite ready for Phonics Time, you may want to consider the Early Phonics CD-Book Set, which includes 50 sight word, early phonics, and comprehension musical tracks, lyrics to all songs, and 10 weeks of lessons.
For more advanced learners, please try the Advanced Phonics CD-Book Set.
***Please follow me at EduTunes With Miss Jenny on TpT.
You may also like my...