This printable will reinforce the phonic skill of distinguishing between long and short vowels particularly the sound of /u/. The student will decide whether the word on the igloo has a long /i/ sound or a short /i/ sound and then put the igloo on the corresponding mat.
--4 mats (color and black/white)
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Have student pick out which igloos that they would like to add to the recording sheet. They can then circle either S for short i or L for long i after writing word.
* This can also be made into a file folder game; label is provided.
* Can be used for assessment.
* Can be used in small group, literacy center, and in whole group-circle time.
* Used for the development of speech.
* Put in ABC order.
Frying Up Vowels (long and short /e/)
Octopus Vowels(long and short /o/)
Picking Apple Vowels(long and short /a/)
Raining Vowels(long and short /u/)
With this particular game, graphics have been supplied for use as the sticker. The ice cube goes on the backs of the long /i/ igloos. The igloo goes on the back of the short /i/ igloos. Glue them on before laminating. After putting all igloos on the mats, have child turn over the cards. If the graphics match, they are correct. The graphics are on the particular mat as a reminder.
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse
A Warm Thank You!!
Creations by Mrs Mouse