This Phonics Word Seek Game - R-Controlled Vowels
- is a word work and phonics game that focuses on words with the r-controlled vowel pattern. The game can be played in a whole group or small group setting.
This game is part of a money-saving BUNDLE of Phonics Word Seek Games!
By purchasing the bundle, you'll get EIGHT games for the price of six!
Find the BUNDLE or additional individual games below:
• Phonics Word Seek Games BUNDLE PACK
• Phonics Word Seek BLENDS Game
• Phonics Word Seek DIGRAPHS Game
• Phonics Word Seek CVC WORDS Game
• Phonics Word Seek CVC-E WORDS Game
• Phonics Word Seek VOWEL TEAMS Game
• Phonics Word Seek R-CONTROLLED VOWELS Game
• Phonics Word Seek DIPHTHONGS Game
• Phonics Word Seek OTHER LONG VOWELS Game
What is Phonics Word Seek?
Phonics Word Seek is a simple game that can be played in multiple ways! Use the large word cards to create a gross motor phonics game
by spreading the cards out around the room. When the picture card is shown, students will walk around to find the word card that matches!
Teachers can use the smaller word cards at the reading table for an engaging word work game, review activity, or warm-up. Complete a simple matching activity by placing the word cards faceup. Place the word cards facedown on the table to play a memory game version!
How will this game help my students?
Phonics Word Seek is a game that helps students work on phonics and decoding skills, visual memory skills, and word recognition skills. It can also be helpful in the area of vocabulary. Students benefit from practice and reinforcement with phonics skills and word work. Phonics Word Seek can easily be implemented into your whole group and small group routine to add fun and engagement to your phonics lessons!
What are some other ways I can use this phonics resource?
• literacy centers
• small group reading
• whole-group phonics activity
• intervention group warm-up
• fast finisher activity
• indoor recess games
• parent volunteer activities
• reading center
• partner reading game
• phonics practice
What is included in this phonics resource?
• Written directions for both game versions
• 18 word cards in two sizes (small and large)
• 18 picture cards
• game label
What materials are needed to play the matching and memory games?
Simply print, cut, and play! The cards are the only materials needed to play the matching games.
How should I organize the game?
The cards fit into a standard 4x6 photo box for easy storage! The picture cards come in color and an ink-friendly version. The game even includes a label that you can use on the container, envelope, or baggie that you store the game in.
Thank you so much for your interest in this phonics resource! I hope you and your students enjoy playing these matching and memory games. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you should have any questions.
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
All Rights Reserved