Also included in
- Writing just got more fun for your students — and easier for you. Your students will love writing with these Phonics Based Writing Prompts With Word Bank. Each set of these NO PREP phonics writing prompts will focus on a specific phonics sound. The word bank provides a variety of words using differe$14.00$20.00Save $6.00
Help your students become confident writers with these PRINT and GO phonics writing prompts. They are perfect to use for weekly homework or in a writing center and will even encourage your most reluctant writers to begin.
Sometimes students find it challenging to begin the task of writing when staring at a blank piece of paper. These phonics writing prompts are a way for students to start the writing process in a structured way.
Each writing prompt provides a list of eight single syllable and multi-syllable words that have the phoneme focus of /er/. The words include the spellings: er, ir, or, ur and ear.
Students are required to incorporate the words provided on the prompt in their writing. Many students tend to use the same words when writing (what they are comfortable with). By using the supplied words students are extending their vocabulary to include words that they would not normally use.
The phonics writing prompts incorporate various text forms to allow students to practice writing in different ways. This pack includes ten different writing worksheets including:
Writing to Entertain
1. Design a mini-book about a dirty church
2. Design a comic strip about a worm
3. Create a character profile
4. Write an acrostic poem
Writing to Instruct
5. Write a recipe for a burger
6. Write the instructions for a game
Writing to Persuade
7. For or against shorter school days
Writing to Recount
8. Write a diary entry
9. Send a postcard
Writing to Socialize
10. Write an email to the special visitor that spoke to your class.
You can use these phonics writing prompts for
➜ Independent practice in class.
➜ A literacy station or writing center.
➜ Small groups.
➜ Home practice and consolidation.
➜ Early finishers.
You might also be interested in
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.