Also included in
- Writing just got more fun for your students — and easier for you. Your students will love writing with these Phonics Based Writing Prompts With Word Bank. Each set of these NO PREP phonics writing prompts will focus on a specific phonics sound. The word bank provides a variety of words using differe$14.00$20.00Save $6.00
Teaching writing doesn’t need to be stressful or time-consuming. With these phonics writing worksheets, you’ll get NO PREP writing worksheets to help your students revise words learned during spelling time and then use these words in their writing.
Sometimes students find it challenging to begin the task of writing when staring at a blank piece of paper. These phonics writing worksheets are a way for students to start the writing process in a structured way.
Each writing worksheet provides a list of eight single syllable and multi-syllable words that have the phoneme focus of /oe/. The words include the spellings: o, oa, ow, oe and o-e.
Students are required to incorporate the words provided on the prompt in their writing. Many students tend to use the same words when writing (what they are comfortable with). By using the supplied words students are extending their vocabulary to include words that they would not normally use.
The phonics writing prompts incorporate various text forms to allow students to practice writing in different ways. This pack includes ten different writing worksheets including:
Writing to Entertain
1. Design a mini-book about a broken boat
2. Design a comic strip about a flamingo
3. Create a character profile
4. Write an acrostic poem
Writing to Instruct
5. Write a recipe for banana loaf
6. Write the instructions for a game
Writing to Persuade
7. Create a poster showing the dangers of smoking
Writing to Recount
8. Write a diary entry
9. Send a postcard
Writing to Socialize
10. Write an email to the school cleaner apologizing for the mess left in the classroom.
You can use these phonics writing worksheets for
➜ Independent practice in class.
➜ A literacy station or writing center.
➜ Small groups.
➜ Home practice and consolidation.
➜ Early finishers.
You might also be interested in
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.