Phonological Awareness - Tejas LEE
This package will train your students ears to pay attention to sounds and to replace sounds and syllables without thinking. Having your students to respond to sounds at the beginning or at the end of a word is very difficult if they are not train to “see” the letter/sound needed to accomplish a task by adding, taking away, or replacing a letter or syllable. The first 20 sheets are to be used by the teacher in small group. You can train the students in a whole group setting; but, it will be more effective in a small ratio group of students. Students need to visualize sounds in their heads, this product will most definitely help with the visualization.
The second part of the package will help students with beginning sounds. The second part is meant to be used as independent practice. The teacher will have to let students know about how to complete the task.
The third part is also meant to be used as independent practice.
The package contains:
1) Tejas LEE Visual – 20 Sheets total
• Each sheet comes illustrated, with the word, individual letter/sound, and syllable. There five to six sheets that focuses on beginning sound, ending sound, and replacing a phoneme to make a new word.
2) Independent Practice Cards/Center – Beginning sounds
• Two cards for each letter of the alphabet
3) Manipulating syllables – Beginning syllable
• Independent practice – one sheet per alphabet letter