- These phonology friendly ‘feeding mouths’ are such an engaging way to implement phonological therapy in a way that will motivate your kids... because who doesn't like feeding??!! Each animal is associated with a sound (e.g. ‘t’ for tiger and ‘k’ for crocodile) and these are what you use as the rein
- This super fun and engaging phonology resources uses ‘feeding’ as a reinforcer to implement phonological therapy in a way that will motivate your kids. Each animal is associated with a sound (e.g. ‘r’ for rhino and ‘w’ for whale) and these are what you use as the reinforcement for minimal pairs the
- Make phonology fun and engaging with these animal-themes ‘feeding mouths’. Each animal is associated with a sound (e.g. ‘p’ for panda and ‘b’ for bull) and these are what you use as the reinforcement for minimal pairs therapy: you have to feed the right animal the right card… or the right food!Cove
- If you haven’t jumped on the ‘feeding mouths’ bandwagon, these motivating and meaningful mouths for the Phonological Process of Stopping is a great way to start! Each animal is associated with a sound (e.g. ‘j’ for jellyfish and ‘d’ for ‘dog’) and these are what you use as the reinforcement for mini
This FUN and MOTIVATING pack will not only give you over 180 Minimal Pairs for the phonological processes of Fronting, Stopping, Voicing and Gliding, but adorable and big animal mouths so that your kids can 'feed' the animals (27 mouths in total) either the matching minimal pairs OR food that goes with that animal.
It's a fun little way to relate minimal pairs to the sound that they make, as the matching animal starts with the sound that you are targeting (e.g. 'r' for rhino and 'w' for whale - gliding). It's an extra little visual and auditory cue that can really help consolidate the sometimes hard-to-teach nature of minimal pairs therapy.
Please click on each individual product to get a more in-depth overview and pictures.
- Total of 180 Minimal Pairs - OR - 360 individual COLOR cards
- Pairs also come in Black & White if you don't want to print in ink
- 27 Feeding mouths and food that goes with the animals
- Color and Black & White pacing boards are included so that you can use drilling and repetition as part of your therapy
What SLPS are saying about this
"I have had great success using this in both individual and small group sessions (even my most challenging students have loved this)".
"The visuals are appealing to my students, and "feeding" activities keeps them engaged the whole time!"
"This makes sound discrimination much more tangible and engaging".
I love making creative resources for Phonology, because let's face it, it can really be boring. If you think the idea of Phonology and phonological processes would be difficult for some of your students to understand, please have a look at my Teach Phonology series - or of you want to inject some fun, my Bingo Boards
Do you need no-prep worksheets? Sign up for my newsletter to get access to my Freebie Library of goodies that's aimed at your speech sound caseload.
Not sure if this resource is for you or have any further questions before you download? Happy for you to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca - Adventures in Speech Pathology
Discover more therapy ideas: