There are 63 resizable photos of fruits. This is a great resource for elementary teachers as is. Use the photos to teach vocabulary and the wide variety of fruits. Common Core stresses the need to increase all students' vocabulary. This a perfect way to start by using a category for students to connect to. (Kindergartener teachers these are for you too.) Make a fruit booklet or poster. Research, compare the sizes and taste the fruits. Use adjectives and write poems. Introduce a fruit or two every week. Make an ongoing “Fruit Center”. Most of these fruits you can buy at a large grocery chain. I have included fruits from around the world. Use a world map to mark where each fruit grows. Learning about fruits is a concept all students need to develop and can connect to.
List of fruits: apple, apricot, avocado, banana, blackberry, blueberry, breadfruit, cantaloupe, cheramoya, cherry, citron, clementine, coconut, cranberry, current (red), date, dragon fruit, durian, elderberry, fig, gooseberries, grape, grapefruit, guava, honeydew, jackfruit, kiwano, kiwi, kumquat, lemon, lime, lingberries, longan fruit, lychee, mamey sapote, mango, mountain sop, olive (black & green), orange, papaya, passion fruit, pawpaw, peach, pear, persimmon, pineapple, plantain, plum, pomegranate, pomelo, prickly pear fruit, prune, quince, raisin, rambutan, raspberry, rose hips, star fruit, strawberry, tangelo, tangerine, ugli fruit and watermelon.
I haven’t included culinary vegetables that are botanically fruit.
Resource: “The Visual Food Encyclopedia” by MACMILLIOM, USA.
* You may use this photo compilation of photos for personal or commercial learning products you create.
* You may copy, edit, resize and use any photo or photos as many times as you want. They are all JPEG images and look great small or large. (Use them like clip art.)
* Using this photo set when you create a product doesn’t transfer the photo compilation copyright to you. On the other hand, you may copyright the product you create using these photos.
* These photos are for your use only; additional licenses are half priced.
* What you cannot do is sell a photo or any part of my compilation of photos just as photos. You may not put any of these photos in another compilation of just photos to sell.
*Any product or item that you distribute must provide credit to “Photos by Anne Weaver”. A link to my store would be greatly appreciated.
Eat fruits and be healthy!