Students really enjoy this beginner level assignment! The concept is for them to find an image of a car and turn it into a funky, bold, bright 1960's style poster. Students are free to choose either a modern car or an old model they love. Of course, for students who aren't into cars, they could choose another object or person for a theme.
In this assignment, students will learn:
- How to use layer Blending Modes.
- Using Layer Styles to enhance the look of an image.
- Using the Custom Shapes tool.
- Using the Filter Gallery to give the car an artistic look.
This lesson was created in Photoshop CS6 and can be adapted to other versions of Photoshop.
Save over 40%
This product is also included in my bundle:Photoshop CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments regarding this assignment! I hope that you find it useful and I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in this package:
- a .pdf instruction file
- a second .pdf instruction file which gives extended instructions.
- 2 completed sample answer files.
- a blank file for students to put their answers in.
- Take the time to do one yourself prior to presenting to the students so you are familiar with the steps.
- You will probably have time to demonstrate this example completely in 20-30 minutes.
- You may want to plan on having the students do a second one depending on how much time you want to devote to this activity.
- If you have time, show off students work when they are done, this is motivating for them.
Others you might like:
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Pop Art Intro
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Pop Art Panels
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Adding Color to a Black and White image