In this creative activity, students will choose an image from the Internet and make it appear to be an oil painting. Students will use Layers, Masks and various selection tools to accomplish this task. After they have changed the appearance of their chosen image, they will place the image on to another file which includes the easel image.
This 32 page, classroom tested assignment includes a student answer Photoshop file (which includes the easel image), and a .pdf instruction file. There are lots of screenshots in the instructions. This is a project that beginners can follow and enjoy!
Save over 40%
This product is also included in my bundle:Photoshop CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Please feel free to contact me with comments and or questions. I hope you can make use of this assignment!
Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments regarding this assignment! I hope that you find it useful and I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in this package:
- a .pdf instruction file
- a Photoshop file containing the completed elephant
- a Photoshop file containing the elephant on the easel
- a Photoshop file that contains the picture of the easel. Students will drag their edited image into this Photoshop file in one of the final steps.
- Take the time to do one yourself prior to presenting to the students so you are familiar with the steps.
- To demo the entire process would take too long. I often just open a completed answer file and highlight some of the steps.
- It would be helpful for you to review what Adjustment Layers are.
- If you have time, show off students work when they are done, this is motivating for them.
Others you might like:
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Creating a Retro Polaroid Collage
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Adding Color to a Black and White image
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Creating a Cool Text Graphic Image using Clipping Masks