Photosynthesis - This 2 DAY, 56 slide Senior Biology PowerPoint Lesson package discusses both the light-dependent and light-independent reactions as well as the structure of chloroplasts and the variety of pigments found within plants. It also compares the process of photosynthesis to cellular respiration and takes a look at the most important enzyme on earth - RuBisCO. The processes are laid out in a clear and easy to follow manner with many diagrams, explanations and pictures. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point), 8 embedded videos and a student lesson handout as a word document which follows the PowerPoint. This lesson is designed for a senior level biology course.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- 8 videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Photosynthesis overview
- Chloroplast & Pigments
- Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration connection
- The Light Reaction
- The Light Independent Reaction/Calvin Cycle
- Essential RuBisCO
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Photosynthesis - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
• Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration – Device-Based Scavenger Hunt Activity
• Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis - 7 Engaging Lab Station Activities
• Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis Lesson - Introductory Lesson Package
• Photosynthesis - 7 Engaging Lab Stations
Senior Biology if you're looking for something a little more advanced:
• Cellular Respiration - Aerobic - Senior Biology PowerPoint Lesson
• Introduction to Cellular Respiration and Fermentation - Biology PowerPoint
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Metabolic Processes Lessons can be found below.
Lesson 1 - Metabolism: Energy In Chemical Reactions
Lesson 2 - ATP: The Currency of the cell
Lesson 3 - Food as fuel: how are bodies use it
Lesson 4 - Intro to Cellular Resp and Fermentation
Lesson 5 - Aerobic Respiration
Lesson 6 - Efficiency and Regulation of Cellular Respiration
Lesson 7 - Photosynthesis
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.