Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan Teaching Bundle. It's all here.... Everything you need to teach this complete unit on photosynthesis to your biology students.
This bundled unit contains at least 2 weeks of teaching materials or 3 weeks if you complete all of the enclosed labs. This photosynthesis bundle covers all topics related to chloroplasts, pigments, light dependent reaction, light independent reaction, and energy transfers.
What is included in this unit?
• A 54-slide PowerPoint presentation
• A Complete set of teaching notes for the teacher
• Student Notes Outline: Student completes the outline as the lessons are being taught
• Photosynthesis Task Cards
• 3 labs
• Jeopardy Review Game
• 3 Quizzes
• 3 Homework Assignments
• Crossword Puzzle
• Unit test.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following MEGA - Bundles. Click the links below to view these bundles.
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle
Biology Full Year Curriculum
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $38.48. This bundle is priced at $28.75, which is a 25% discount.
All answers are included.
Topics covered are:
• Autotrophs, heterotrophs, and the flow of energy through an ecosystem.
• Chemical energy and ATP: Definitions/explanations of ADP and ATP, the structure of ATP, how ADP becomes ATP, uses of ATP
• Overview of photosynthesis
• Chlorophyll and other pigments: pigment, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, visible spectrum, absorption and reflection of different wavelengths of light, types of chlorophyll
• Leaf Anatomy: Students will label the parts of a leaf and define cuticle, palisade, spongy cells, mesophyll, stomata, vascular bundle, xylem, phloem
• Structure of the Chloroplast: Students will label a drawing and define outer membrane, inner membrane, thylakoids, grana, stroma, chlorophyll, photosystems.
• Electron carriers: Short discussion on electrons, energy levels of electrons, excited electrons, electron transport chain, NADP+, NADPH.
• An overview of the stages of photosynthesis: The light dependent reactions and light independent reactions. Includes an equation for photosynthesis that outlines the reactants and the products of photosynthesis.
• The Light reactions: photosystem I and photosystem II, splitting of water molecules, electron transport chain, production of ATP and NADPH, release of oxygen, ATP synthase
• Calvin Cycle: includes basics of carbon fixation, reduction of PGA to form PGAL, regeneration of RuBP, how glucose is formed
• Water loss from the plant
• Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis: water, temperature, light intensity.
Below is a complete list of what you will receive. You can click on each link to read a detailed description of each product.
Photosynthesis Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Photosynthesis Task Cards
Lab: Leaf Structure and Function
Photosynthesis Unit Test
Lab: Pigment Chromatography
Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
Photosynthesis Homework Assignments - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
Photosynthesis Quizzes - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown Science