Students will use this double-sided worksheet to understand photosynthesis through a variety of learning methods.
1. Students begin by completing the chemical equation for photosynthesis, which is partially provided.
2. Students organize the components of the photosynthesis reaction into reactants and products, via a T-chart.
3. Students label the reactants and products of photosynthesis on a diagram of a leaf receiving energy from the sun.
4. Students answer questions about photosynthesis, chloroplasts, and the importance of photosynthesis for mitigating global warming.
5. Students write a paragraph using the information they have learned to explain why photosynthesis is important.
Common Core Literacy (CCSS.ELA - Literacy) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) aligned.