This resource includes a PowerPoint presentation with over 60 slides, 3 versions of differentiated notes, and links to 3 videos
. The videos are perfect or the flipped classroom, but can also be used for make-up work when students miss a lecture, as part of a sub plan, or as remediation or enrichment assignments.
The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s EDITABLE, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Your students will enjoy this visual approach to learning and you will enjoy saving planning time!
This product is also available in discounted bundles . . .
Cells Unit Bundle
includes THREE complete PowerPoint and Notes products and THREE Task Card Sets: Cells, Cellular Respiration, and Photosynthesis.
PowerPoints for Biology Bundle
includes all of Science Island's PowerPoints for Biology without the task cards.
The bundle contains discounted PowerPoints, Notes, Videos and Task Cards for the Cells Unit.
Cells Unit Sequence:
• Cellular Respiration
This download includes 8 files:
2. Photosynthesis PowerPoint that includes over 60 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Videos are Available on a Private You Tube Channel
Video 1: Photosynthesis, Part 1: Introduction to Photosynthesis (10:37)
Video 2: Photosynthesis, Part 2: Light Reactions (7:59)
Video 3: Photosynthesis, Part 3: The Calvin Cycle (6:04)
to watch a fun trailer that highlights the Cellular Respiration Videos.
Copyright 2016 Science Island
Sharing video links with anyone other than your students is a violation of copyright laws.
Want to learn more about FLIPPED CLASSROOMS? This Quick Start Guide
will get you well on your way to a Fearless Flip!
Having trouble getting your students excited about photosynthesis? Try some Task Card activities: Photosynthesis Task Cards with PowerPoint Review
Concepts covered in this presentation include:
• visible light
• light reactions
• Calvin cycle
• reaction center
• primary electron acceptor
• electron transport chain
• ATP synthase
• carbon cycle
Take a look at my other products related to Photosynthesis
Photosynthesis Diagrams and Study Guide
Photosynthesis Review Qubes
Cells PowerPoint and Notes
Cellular Respiration PowerPoint and Notes
ATP Diagrams and Study Guide
Look for the green star
next to the Science Island store logo and click it to become a follower
. Aloha and Welcome to the Island!