Photosynthesis Task Cards:
A set of 60 enrichment, reinforcement and review task cards for your lessons on photosynthesis.
Suitable for biology students in grades 9-12.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
Please Note: This product is included in my "Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan Bundle" and can be viewed by clicking this link.
This set of 60 task cards on photosynthesis will cover the following concepts and topics:
• Autotrophs, Heterotrophs, the flow of energy through an ecosystem.
• Chemical energy and ATP: definitions/explanations of ADP and ATP, the structure of ATP, how ADP becomes ATP, uses of ATP.
• Overview of photosynthesis.
• Chlorophyll and other pigments: pigment, chloroplasts, visible spectrum, absorption and reflection of different wavelengths of light, types of chlorophyll.
• Leaf Anatomy: Cuticle, palisade cells, mesophyll, stomata, vascular bundle, xylem, phloem.
• Structure of the Chloroplast: Students will label a drawing and define outer membrane, inner membrane, thylakoids, grana, stroma, chlorophyll, photosystems.
• Electron carriers: Electrons, energy levels of electrons, excited electrons, electron transport chain, NADP+, NADPH.
• An overview of the stages of photosynthesis: Light dependent reactions and light independent reactions, equation for photosynthesis, the reactants and the products of photosynthesis.
• The Light reactions: photosystem I and photosystem II, splitting of water molecules, electron transport chain, production of ATP and NADPH, release of oxygen, ATP synthase
• Calvin Cycle: includes basics of carbon fixation, reduction of PGA to form PGAL, regeneration of RuBP, how glucose is formed.
• Water loss from the plant.
• Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis: water, temperature, light intensity.
Included in this product:
1. A set of 60 editable task cards.
2. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
3. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
4. A complete teacher answer key.
5. Teacher Guide
Related products include:
Photosynthesis PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Lab: Leaf Structure and Function
Biology Buzz Words: Photosynthesis
Lab: Pigment Chromatography
Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
Photosynthesis Homework Assignments - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
Photosynthesis Quizzes - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Cell Structure and Physiology Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm Ups, or Bell Ringers
Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Photosynthesis Unit Test
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)