Photosynthesis Unit Test
This unit test on photosynthesis was written as a final assessment for the concepts covered in my Photosynthesis PowerPoint. Click here to view the PowerPoint.
This is a test designed for a high school biology class.
PLEASE NOTE: This unit test is included in my Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan Bundle. Click here to view bundle.
Topics covered are:
• Autotrophs, heterotrophs, the flow of energy through an ecosystem.
• Chemical energy and ATP: definitions/explanations of ADP and ATP, the structure of ATP, how ADP becomes ATP, uses of ATP.
• Overview of photosynthesis.
• Chlorophyll and other pigments: pigment, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, visible spectrum, absorption and reflection of different wavelengths of light, types of chlorophyll.
• Leaf Anatomy: cuticle, palisade, spongy cells, mesophyll, stomata, vascular bundle, xylem, phloem.
• Structure of the Chloroplast: Outer membrane, inner membrane, thylakoids, grana, stroma, chlorophyll, photosystems.
• Electron carriers: Electrons, energy levels of electrons, excited electrons, electron transport chain, NADP+, NADPH.
• An overview of the stages of photosynthesis: light dependent reactions and light independent reactions. Includes an equation for photosynthesis that outlines the reactants and the products of photosynthesis.
• The Light reactions: photosystem I and photosystem II, splitting of water molecules, electron transport chain, production of ATP and NADPH, release of oxygen, ATP synthase
• Calvin Cycle: includes basics of carbon fixation, reduction of PGA to form PGAL, regeneration of RuBP, how glucose is formed
• Water loss from the plant
• Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis: water, temperature, light intensity
This test was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It can easily be edited. The test has 94 questions. There are 51 fill in the blank, 30 multiple choice, 8 matching, and 5 short answer questions.
All answers are included.
Related products include:
Photosynthesis Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Photosynthesis Task Cards
Lab: Leaf Structure and Function
Lab: Pigment Chromatography
Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
Photosynthesis Homework Assignments - Set of 3
Biology Buzz Words: Photosynthesis
Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
Photosynthesis Quizzes - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)