Fall: Why Leaves Change Color Reading is a simple 2 page assignment titled: "The Tale of the Masked Pigments: Coming to an Autumn Near You". The reading covers why leaves change color in one page. The second page includes 9 analysis questions.
Students familiarize themselves with different pigments, types of trees, and the chemical reactions behind leaves "changing" color.
I use this article to reinforce these topics before we perform our Pigment Powered Plants
Answer key included.
PDF and MS Word doc.
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
You may also be interested in:You may also be interested in:
1) Photosynthesis Notes
: 20 slide PowerPoint presentation with student notes included.
2) Photosynthesis Quiz
(I use this as an open note but it is editable and can be used however you wish).
3) Photosynthesis Practice
: Great homework assignment!
4) Photosynthesis and Light
5) The Reactions of Photosynthesis
: a 3 page summary of photosynthesis reading, coloring and labeling.
6) Green Solar Cells: All About Chloroplasts!
7) The Calvin Cycle
: Practice all about the Calvin cycle!
8) The Elodea Took My Breath Away!
: Lab that observes photosynthesis (or lack thereof) in certain conditions using Elodea.
Photosynthesis Closed Note Quiz- 18 questions (mostly matching)
9) Why Leaves Change Color (The Tale of the Masked Pigments)
: Reading article familiarizing students with different pigments.
10) Paper Chromatography Lab: Pigment Powered Plants!
11) The Cells of the Leaf and Photosynthesis
: Students learn about the cells of the leaf via a cut-out manipulative!
12) Alotta Stomata
: Students read more detail about stomata and how they can affect photosynthesis.
13) Photosynthesis Task Cards
14) From Sunlight to Rainbow Candy
15) Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
16) Who Wants to Be a Smarty Pants?
: FUN interactive review game!
17) Photosynthesis Test