This document includes card sets of increasing difficulty for students to practice and deepen their understanding of the molecules and parts related to photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
What is included in this document:
- Picture Card Set and Answer Key
- Simple Card Set and Answer Sheet
- Standard Card Set and Answer Sheet
- Advanced Card Set and Answer Sheet
How these materials can be used:
1. As a Bellwork or Bell Ringer activity: place cards on student tables/desks and ask them to arrange the cards to build either or both equations. These can be scaffolded daily by asking for different equations, adding more cards or using the 3 levels of card sets.
2. As a station or game. The teacher can include instructions on how they should arrange the cards. Match pictures to molecules (great for ELLs!) or give each student a card and make a group challenge to arrange the correct equation.
3. As a poster. Students can work independently or as a small group to arrange the cards and glue them onto a sheet of paper to make a poster.
4. In tandem with notes or lecture. Students can arrange the cards as they are going through notes, or before and after notes (to see their errors).
5. As an informal assessment. Either individual or group-based.
6. As homework or review. Students can use these like flashcards. When they finish arranging the cards, they can check their answers using the answer keys.
Please email me directly if you would like an editable version of this document.