Search words: Phylum Mollusca, mollusk, coelomate, clam, octopus, snail, slug, bivalve, gastropoda, cephalopoda, Bivalvia, trochophore.
This is a set of notes to accompany my powerpoint presentation on the Phylum Mollusca. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher (7 pages), and an outline of the notes for the students (8 pages). Students will use the outline as the powerpoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Topics covered are:
1) Characteristics of the phylum Mollusca
2) The terms coelomate, pseudocoelomate, and acoelomate, and the advantages of being a coelomate.
3) The trochophore larva
4) The body plan of the mollusks (head, foot, visceral mass, mantle, valves, gills, radula)
5) Three of the classes within this phylum are covered: Cephalopoda, Bivalvia, and Gastropoda
6) The characteristics of each of the above classes.
7) The external structure of the clam
8) Internal structure of the clam
9) Body systems
10) The powerpoint ends with 8 critical thinking and analysis questions.
This powerpoint is available as a separate purchase and can be viewed here: Phylum Mollusca PowerPoint Presentation
You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf version of the notes.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.
Other products related to this topic:
Phylum Mollusca Jeopardy Review Game
Phylum Mollusca Test
Phylum Mollusca Powerpoint Presentation
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Mollusca Quiz / Homework
Amy Brown - Science Stuff