Search words: Phylum Mollusca, mollusk, coelomate, clam, octopus, snail, slug, bivalve, gastropoda, cephalopoda, Bivalvia, trochophore.
This is a document on the phylum Mollusca that can be used as a quiz, as a homework assignment, or as a review for your unit test.. It consists of 53 fill in the blank questions and 4 short answer questions.
Students will have to label the external structures and the internal structures of the clam. I have included my own hand drawn pictures. My students prefer these to the more complicated ones that come with our text. You can easily remove my pictures and add one of your own.
Topics covered are:
1) Characteristics of the phylum Mollusca
2) The terms coelomate, pseducoelomate, and acoelomate, and the advantages of being a coelomate.
3) The trochophore larva
4) The body plan of the mollusks (head, foot, visceral mass, mantle, valves, gills, radula)
5) Three of the classes within this phylum are covered: Cephalopoda, Bivalvia, and Gastropoda
6) The characteristics of each of the above classes.
7) The external structure of the clam
8) Internal structure of the clam
9) Body systems
You will receive a document that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf of the quiz.
All answers included.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.
Other products related to this topic:
Phylum Mollusca Jeopardy Review Game
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Mollusca Test
Phylum Mollusca Powerpoint Presentation
Phylum Mollusca Notes to Accompany Powerpoint
Amy Brown - Science Stuff