Also included in
- This bundle Includes everything you need to teach a unit on Phylum Porifera and Phylum Cnidaria to your life science or biology students. Most resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats.The bundle contains a 64-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the teacher, a guide$39.99$51.97Save $11.98
This resource consists of 40 questions on the sponges and Phylum Porifera. Both printable and digital versions are included. Students will label the structures of the external and internal sponge, and answer questions about the characteristics of this phylum and about the functions of the various body parts. There are two versions of the quiz: Version 1 contains 36 fill in the blank questions and 4 short answer questions. Version 2 has the same questions, but they are in a matching format, and a word bank is included.
This can be used as a quiz, as homework, or for test review.
This quiz was written to accompany my Porifera and Cnidaria PowerPoint and Notes set, but can be easily and appropriately be used with your own teaching materials on this phylum.
Both printable and digital versions of this resource are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
What is included in your download folder?
- Printable and Editable Quiz
- Digital paperless version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps Versions
Teacher Answer Key is included.
You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf of the quiz.
Topics and concepts covered by this quiz include:
- Characteristics of the Phylum Porifera.
- What is a Sponge? Definitions of Porifera, invertebrate, and sessile; embryonic development of sponges; reasons why sponges are classified as animals.
- The Body Plan of Poriferans: Asymmetry, germ layers, mesoglea, central cavity.
- External View of Sponge: Students will label the external structures of a sponge, including the osculum, spicules, buds, ostia, and base. Definitions and functions of all structures are included.
- Internal View of Sponge: Students will label a drawing that includes the osculum, ostia, central cavity, choanocytes, bud, epidermal cells, pore cells, mesoglea, and amebocytes. Definitions and functions of all structures are included.
- Feeding and Digestion in Poriferans
- Respiration, Circulation, and Excretion in Poriferans
- Asexual Reproduction: Budding, gemmules, and regeneration; advantages and disadvantages of asexual reproduction.
- Sexual Reproduction in Poriferans: Explanation of the process, as well as the advantages of sexual reproduction; hermaphroditism.
Related Resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: