This set of 61 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on sponges and poriferans will ensure that your students have mastered the information. Questions cover the characteristics of the phylum Porifera, poriferan body plan, symmetry, internal and external drawings of sponges, food getting, digestion, reproduction, and more. Complete list of concepts covered can be found below.
Suitable for life science and biology students in grades 8 - 12.
What is included in this product?
- Teacher Guide containing tips, directions and suggestions.
- A set of 61 FULL COLOR task cards in editable and pdf formats.
- A set of 61 LOW INK task cards in editable and pdf formats.
- Three full page, full color diagrams that are used with selected task cards.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- A teacher answer key Review PowerPoint that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 61 task cards on the Phylum Porifera covers the following concepts and topics:
- Introduction to the Phylum Porifera: Animals belonging to Phylum Porifera, the appearance of poriferans on Planet Earth, characteristics of poriferans.
- What is a Sponge? Definitions of Porifera, invertebrate, and sessile; embryonic development of sponges; reasons why sponges are classified as animals.
- The Body Plan of Poriferans: Asymmetry, germ layers, mesoglea, central cavity.
- External View of Sponge: Students will label the external structures of a sponge, including the osculum, spicules, buds, ostia, and base. Definitions and functions of all structures are included.
- Internal View of Sponge: Students will label a drawing that includes the osculum, ostia, central cavity, choanocytes, bud, epidermal cells, pore cells, mesoglea, and amebocytes. Definitions and functions of all structures are included.
- Feeding and Digestion in Poriferans
- Respiration, Circulation, and Excretion in Poriferans
- Asexual Reproduction: Definitions and explanations of budding, gemmules, and regeneration; advantages and disadvantages of asexual reproduction.
- Sexual Reproduction in Poriferans: Explanation of the process, as well as the advantages of sexual reproduction; hermaphroditism.
Related Products Include:
Phylum Porifera and Phylum Cnidaria PowerPoint and Notes
Porifera and Cnidaria Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Sponges and Cnidarians Lab
Porifera and Cnidaria Homework Assignments and Study Guides
Phylum Porifera Jeopardy-Style Review Games - Set of 2 Games
Phylum Porifera Quiz
Phylum Porifera Crossword Puzzle
Porifera and Cnidaria Unit Test
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Invertebrate Phyla Card Sort Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page