PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades 3-5] Cooperative / Team Building Activities Theme <3-5>
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Lifetime Activities for Grades 3 through 5 - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus – Cooperation
Students will learn and practice cooperation, team building, and communication skills through group activities that require students to work towards a common goal.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
CA.35.1 I can cooperate with others to achieve a common goal.
CA.35.2 I can communicate with others to achieve a common goal.
CA.35.3 I can participate according to the rules and objectives of an activity.
CA.35.4 I can conduct myself in a manner that displays respect and sportsmanship.
· Supporting Learning Targets
I can problem solve with others.
I can communicate clearly and positively while working with others.
I can cooperate with others respectfully.
I can compare problem solving strategies.
I can be responsible for my actions.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What does cooperation mean?
· How do you feel when people do not follow the rules?
· How do we communicate (verbal/nonverbal)?
· What does a good teammate look like?
· Why is it important that everyone take responsibility for their own actions?
Communication, verbal, nonverbal, Cooperation, Perseverance, Patience, Teamwork, Leadership, respect, compromise, contribution, empathy, encouragement, trust, positive, negative, responsibility,
Share, listen, respect, contributing member, roles, sportsmanship, compromise, encouragement, Responsibility ownership
· Cooperation is easy.
· Not everything is a competition
· I am more important than the team
· Leadership is telling others what to do.
· Not everybody has good ideas.
· The loudest is always right.
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
· Pits & Alleys
· Prison Ball
· Team Frozen Tag
· Foxes and Hens
· Indy 500
· Balancing Blocks
· Pass the Hoop
· Shoe Factory
· Golf Ball Relay
· Lava Crossing
· Indiana Jones
· River Tires
· Jump In
· Basketball Scrabble
· Scooter Spelling
· Scooter Scramble
· Invinci-ball Tag
· Ball Transfer
· China Wall
· Everybody’s “IT”
· Fitness Tag
· Mission Impossible
Modified Sport Activities
· Group Juggling
· Ten Catches
· Cooperative Bowling
SKILLS and CONCEPTS
· Communication (verbal & nonverbal)
· Interpersonal skills