PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades 3-5] Fitness Unit Theme Activities <3-5>
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Fitness Activities for Grades 3 through 5 - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus - Fitness
Students will experience daily fitness based activities, concepts, and skills through integration in each and every lesson in Physical Education.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
F.35.1 I can participate in activities that develop fitness.
F.35.2 I can develop strength through exercise and sport.
F.35.3 I can develop endurance through exercise and sport.
· Supporting Learning Targets
I can determine my heart rate.
I can identify how exercises help my body.
I can identify the 5 components of fitness.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· Why is fitness important?
· What does this exercise do for me?
· What is fitness?
· What exercises can I do for different parts of my body?
· How do I check my heart rate?
Endurance, flexibility, strength, muscle, abdomen, cardio-vascular, fitness, repetition, exercise, heart rate, component
Muscle endurance, flexibility, abdominal strength, cardio-vascular endurance,
· I have a good fitness level so I don’t have to exercise.
· I play a sport therefore I am physically fit.
Special Education / DAPE
Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Specific Disability Recommendations
· Modification Organizer
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· Child Developmental Considerations Ages 8-11
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
Fitness Development Activities
· Stationary Exercises
· Locomotor Exercises
· Flexibility Exercises
· Daily Fitness Component
· Hospital Tag
· Catch-up Tag
· Mr. fat, not Mr. Fox
· Road Runner Tag
· Fitness Dice
· Noodle Poodle
· Fitness Stations
· Tommy Tucker
· Bean Bag Grab
· River Tires
· Boot Camp Fitness
· Fitness Tag
· Fruit & Vegetable Tag
· Hoop Challenge
· Push Up Tag
· Proper form for push-ups, sit-ups, sit and reach, etc.
· Find Heart Rate
Exercises – upper body, lower body, flexibility, abdominal, cardio-vascular endurance, running, pacing, fatigue, recovery, warm-up, cool down, body muscles/bones, heart rate, pulse check, nutrition, energy in & energy out