PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades 3-8] Lifetime Unit Theme Activities <3-5>
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Lifetime Activities for Grades 3 through 8 - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus – Lifetime Activities
Students will experience the joy and value of physical activity and fitness through activities that can be done throughout a lifetime. These activities may be designed for the individual or small groups and will reinforce many learning targets from the fitness and coordination themes.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
LA.35.1 I can identify lifetime activities.
LA.35.2 I can develop lifetime activity skills.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What activities and games do I like the most? Individual? 1 friend? Team of friends? Why?
· What are the good things that come from being active?
· What makes a sport/activity a lifetime sport/activity?
appreciation, value, social, benefits, sequence, procedures, strategy, individual, team, partner, opponent
· You have to break a sweat for it to be a sport.
· You have to be working hard for an activity to have health benefits
· There should not be competition in lifetime sports?
· Competition is not about having fun.
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Specific Disability Recommendations
· Modification Organizer
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· Child Developmental Considerations Ages 8-11
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
· Recreational Games
· Racket Sports
· Special Events
· Outdoor Ed. (Canoeing, kayaking, fishing, climbing, archery)
· Skiing (downhill or X-Country)
· Cross Country
· Enjoyment through Fitness
· Access Lifetime Sports opportunities
· Identify Skills and Sports that improve fitness and fit lifestyle
· Enjoy social benefits of sports and games.
Values of fitness, value of activity, enjoyment of activity, benefits of active lifestyles (social and personal)