PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades K-2] Cooperative Activities Theme
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Cooperation Activities for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus – Cooperative Activities
Students will learn cooperation, communication, and sharing through partner and small group activities embedded in the Physical Education themes of Coordination and Lifetime Activities.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
CP.K.1 I can work with others.
· Supporting Learning Targets
I can help my classmates practice new skills.
I can share with a partner.
I can take turns.
I can accept responsibility for my actions.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What do you share in PE?
· What does it look like to cooperate?
· Why is it important to know how to take turns?
Cooperation, sharing, taking turns, team, kindness, problem solving, taking responsibility
Sharing, cooperation, listening, equipment, team, “use your words”, responsibility (owning your actions)
· First is best
· We know how to do this already
· I always get my choice
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
· Follow the leader fitness stations (Station Cards)
· Team Frozen Tag
· Scooter scramble
· Musical Hoops
· Pits & Alleys
· Cat and Mouse
· Captain’s Coming
· Indy 500
· Alphabet Soup
· Musical shapes in personal space
· Colored Chute
· Cooperative Bowling
· Environmental Helpers
· Fitness Tag
· Merry Go Round
· Scooter Ships
· Traveling Train
· Washing Machine
SKILLS and CONCEPTS
taking turns, sharing, cooperation, listening
Opportunities To Embed
· Sharing equipment
· Closing self-evaluation/exit question
· State something positive your partner did.
· Problem solving in teachable moments
· Working with a partner