PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades K-2] Coordination Activities Theme
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Coordination Activities for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus – Coordination
Students will use manipulatives, game, and exploration to develop body coordination, movement knowledge, and skill.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
C.K.1 I can keep my body safe.
C.K.2 I can move my body in many ways.
C.K.3 I can use equipment during physical activity.
C.K.4 I can learn to move.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What can I make my body do?
· How will controlling my body help me stay safe and have fun?
· How can I use different parts of my body at the same time?
· What does it mean to control my body or equipment?
· How do my eyes work with other parts of my body?
Control, coordination, safety, body, locomotor, non-locomotor, space, equipment, boundary, start, stop, honesty, fair
Push, pull, catch, throw, kick, toss, roll, track, jump, slide, hop, twist, bend, sway, stretch, turn, swing, skip, gallop, rebound, bounce, balance, tap, trap, sportsmanship, effort, freeze
· I should be able to do this the first time.
· Once is enough.
· If I am safe, everybody is safe.
· I do not need teammates/partners/
· We all have had the same experiences with play.
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· Locomotor & Non-Locomotor Skills
· Low Organized Games
Coordination, manipulation, and control
safety, tracking, oppositional relationships, personal space, force, spatial awareness, teamwork, sportsmanship, boundaries, effort, persistence