PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades K-2] Fitness Activities Theme
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Fitness Activities for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus - Fitness
Students will participate in physical activity for fitness and fun. Fitness activities will be integrated into unit themes.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
F.K.1 I can participate in physical activity for fitness.
F.K.2 I can participate in physical activity for fun.
· Supporting Learning Targets
I can point to my heart.
I can make my heart go faster by being active.
I can make fitness fun.
I can warm up properly.
I can cool down properly.
I can move for a long time without resting.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What is physical fitness?
· How can I improve my fitness?
· Why is exercise important?
· What is an active lifestyle?
Effort, best, time, count,
Fitness, strength, endurance, flexibility, effort, lifestyle, physical, heart, heart rate, exercise, muscles, agility, breathing, water, nutrition, energy, warm up, cool down, pacing
· You should always run your fastest.
· Strength is only how much your muscles work not how long.
· Exercising in gym class is enough to help me become fit.
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications.
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
· Stationary Exercises
· Locomotor Exercises
· Flexibility Exercises
· Follow the Leader Fitness (Station Cards)
· Fitness Dice
· Fitness Tag
· BMA Activities
· Hospital Tag
· Locomotor Locomotion
· Individual exercises (strength, endurance, flexibility, power, agility, muscular endurance)
· finding your heart beat
· Warm up
· Cool down
· Heart beat
· Energy in vs. energy out
· Giving your best effort
· Exercises help with different fitness components and different parts of the body.
· Fitness is having a body that will help you do everything you need to.
· Fitness takes a long time to attain, and even longer to maintain.
· Body parts