PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[Phys Ed] [Grades K-2] Lifetime Activities Theme
INCLUDES: Comprehensive bundle of Lifetime Activities for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade - Physical Education
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Learning Focus – Lifetime Activities
Students will experience the joy and value of physical activity through activities that can be done throughout a lifetime. These activities may be designed for the individual or small groups and will reinforce many learning targets from the fitness and coordination themes.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
LA.K.1 I can enjoy physical activities.
· Supporting Learning Targets
I can try new things.
I can find good games to play.
I can have fun playing with friends.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What activities and games do I like the most? Individual? 1 friend? Team of friends?
· What makes games fun?
· How do games make me a better friend?
Friend, game, joy, benefit, teammate, opponent
· You have to win to have fun.
· I can’t play a sport without a teammate.
· Adults don’t play sports.
· Sports and games are just for fun, not learning.
Special Education / DAPE
· Picture communication systems, varied pieces of equipment in size, color and texture, more time to complete task, peer assistance, space modifications
· Picture communications systems, peer assistance, modeling.
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
· Dance, Rhythms, Creative Movement
· Special Events
· In Kindergarten the learning targets, concepts, and skills from lifetime activities will be integrated into coordination and cooperative activities as well as be the focus of our dance, rhythms, and creative movement unit. Opportunities to develop skills, learn concepts, and use equipment that will transfer to lifetime activities will take place throughout the entire year.
· Joy of movement
· Coordinated movements.
· Enjoy social benefits of sports and games.
Value of activity, enjoyment of activity, benefits of active lifestyles (social and personal)